Listed below are the key documents used in the development of the Postnatal bereavement notes V15.1 (2015).
1. MBBRACE – UK (2014) Saving lives, Improving Mother’s care. Confidential enquiries into Maternal Deaths and Morbidity 2009-2012.
2. National Institute of Clinical Excellence (2014) Antenatal and Postnatal Mental Health.
3. National Institute of Clinical Excellence (2006) Guideline for Routine Postnatal Care.
4. National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit (2014) Listening to Parents, after a stillbirth or the death of their baby after birth.
5. Nursing and Midwifery Council (2009) Record Keeping. Guidance for nurses and midwives.
6. RCOG (2010) Late intrauterine Fetal Death and Stillbirth-Green Top Guideline No. 55. www.rcog.org.uk/guidelines
7. RCOG (2015) Reducing the risk of thrombosis and embolism during pregnancy and the puerperium. www.rcog.org.uk/guidelines
8. SANDS (2011) The SANDS Audit Tool for maternity services – Caring for parents whose baby has died.
9. SANDS (2014) Stillbirth – how professionals can make a difference.
10. SANDS (2007) Pregnancy loss and Death of a Baby-Guideline for professionals. (3rd edition)
11. SANDS (2012) Preventing Babies’ Deaths, what needs to be done.